Basic to your morning oatmeal, enegretic smoothie or as a cow’s milk substitute for your cofee (yummy!).
Did you know that almond milk produced by huge company (starting at letter ‚A’) sweeted version has more sugar than almonds as ingredients? Yep, there is unsweetend version, but not in Poland.
Making a homemade almond milk is simple, not expensive, needed is only willingness and little bit of time.
1 cup almonds
4 cups good filtered water
1 tbsp avage nectar (option)
3 pinches sea or hymalian salt (option)
nutmilk bag, cheese cloth
2. In the morning or after 12 hours drain your almonds and rinse them with water again.
3. Place almonds in a blender. Add ½ water and blend for 5 minutes.
4. Add the rest of water and blend for 2 minutes.
5. Put your cloth over big pot or jar. Pour blended almonds over the cloth and strain them.
6. Press all the almond milk from the almond meal.
Gather the cloth around the almond meal and twist hard.
7. Save the almond meal leftovers, add them to smoothies, oatmeals and for baking.
8. Sweeten the milk and add salt.
9. Ready! Store the milk refrigerated in a tight closed bottle up to 3 days. Trust me, it won’t last that long ;)